In September, the new iPhones from Apple were launched.
The iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max are designed to be new versions of the iPhone X which was launched last year; and feature the most advanced technology ever present in an iPhone.
The new iPhones from Apple feature the following specifications:
- Large screen without increasing the phone size too much. (Although with a 6.5in screen, the iPhone XS Max is enormous)
- Sharpest OLED displays and pixel density of any Apple device, delivering truly amazing depth of colour
- Uses Super Retina Display to give the sharpest iPhone images yet at 458 pixels per inch
- Support for Dolby Vision, HDR10, Wide Colour and True Tone technology
- Edge to edge display
- Improved speakers and better bass, so they don’t sound quite as tinny as other smart phones
- TrueDepth camera which enables the FaceID facial recognition
- A12 Bionic processor containing different processor units – 8-core Neural Engine for photo enhancement and augmented reality, making it faster and more efficient than previous models; 6-core high performance CPU which is significantly faster
- Phone storage available as 64GB, 256GB, 512GB
- 12 megapixel dual camera – wide angle sensor allows you to take sharp pictures even when the light levels are low; Smart HDR allows more detail; telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom; depth control for adjusting the depth of field; improved Two Tone flash
- Edge to edge display featuring the most durable, scratch resistant glass used in a phone
- Stainless steel frame
- Wireless charging – fast charging will give you a 50% battery in 30 minutes, however the charger supplied in the box is not powerful enough to support fast charging so you will
- Improved battery life
- Available in three colours – gold, silver and grey
- Has improved water and dust resistance
- Dual sim – this enables you to have two phone numbers on the same handset – a handy feature if you want to separate work phone calls from private calls
The down side of these new phones is that they are spectacularly expensive.
Priced at over €1000, it may be difficult to justify the purchase of the new iPhones from Apple. If you already own an iPhone X then you are probably better off sticking with the phone you have, as the upgrades are unlikely to be large enough to make it worthwhile.
These phones definitely need to be protected by a case as they are very slippery. You most certainly DO NOT want to drop it and break the screen as they are prohibitively costly to repair.
If you would like to have more information on the new iPhones from Apple, then pop along to Sentinel, Ballincollig; where our friendly, knowledgeable staff will be more than happy to help answer your questions.